freetds - FreeTDS kicked into infinite loop on TCP connection reset

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: William.P.McGonigle AT artoo.hitchcock.org (William P. McGonigle)
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: FreeTDS kicked into infinite loop on TCP connection reset
  • Date: 30 Dec 1999 10:37:42 EST

With FreeTDS-0.50, I just happened to be debugging with an protocol analyzer
when FreeTDS (and linux, DBD::Sybase, mod_perl, Apache::DBI, and [then shared]
apache) kicked into an infinite loop. libhttp.ea took the cpu and filled the
log disk with invalid marker 0 entries.

Over at the protocol analyzer, I saw the connection attempt (first packet from
FreeTDS), then MS SQL Server 7/NT 4 (not my choice...) sent a TCP connection
reset packet and went away.

I guess I'm really not sure who's responsible for dealing with that, but I'm
sure the folks here know.

I can't reproduce it at will, unfortunately, though I'd be willing to shake
some
rattles, bones, and entrails at the NT server.

-Bill
-----
Bill.McGonigle AT hitchcock.org / FAX: (419) 710-9745
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center Clinical Computing

  • FreeTDS kicked into infinite loop on TCP connection reset, William P. McGonigle, 12/30/1999