freetds - off by one error strikes back

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: richard AT iguana.co.nz
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Cc: php4beta AT lists.php.net
  • Subject: off by one error strikes back
  • Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 17:02:37 +1300 (NZDT)

Except this time in the opposite direction. It appears we're now getting a
NULL on the end of string data pulled from a sybase table.

Platform: debian slink with latest (as of Dec 9, 4pm NZDT) cvs of both
freetds and php4.

Given that the freetds guys reckoned it was an issue with their stuff last
time, it could be that again, or maybe something different. I'm hunting
for it now but if anyone has any good ideas they'd be appreciated. I note
that according to the diff on the php tree the php guys haven't touched
the relevant areas of php_sybase_ct.c for some time so I'm starting my
hunt in freetds.

Richard.