freetds - FreeTDS 0.50

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT umcc.ais.org>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: FreeTDS 0.50
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 21:24:50 -0500 (EST)

Hi everyone,

No one seemed to have problems with 0.50pre1 that were not existing
problems, so before I go tearing things up in CVS I've made pre1 the
official 0.50 release. I'll update the web page and submit it to freshmeat
in a bit.

Now, for the new stuff. I've added all the dbspr*() routines and SybSQL
actually compiles clean and runs until you log in :-) It does a few
selects and then crashes. gdb doesn't seem to want to work properly since
gcc 2.7.x was used for freetds and g++ used to compile SybSQL is actually
egcs 1.0.3 there seems to be a little bit of a fallout between the two.
It's my intention to use SybSQL as a test for my other project 'QtK' which
is a Qt compatible library using GTK as the widget set (It's crazy, I
know. I'm just doing it for hack value. I no real intention of taking
it anywhere).

The other thing is to tighten up some of the error handling. It seems we
have a problem when the server cycles. I'll be checking in the first set
of fixes for that tonight, but there could be some big changes so I think
it makes sense to get 0.50 out the door first.

Cheers,

Brian

  • FreeTDS 0.50, Brian Bruns, 12/08/1999