freetds - Unknown marker: 0!!

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Vanderlei Silva" <vandersilva AT hotmail.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Unknown marker: 0!!
  • Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 21:23:12 GMT

Hi folks,
I have a program that uses freeTDS 4.2/DB-Lib to make inserts in a SQL-Server 7. Everything works fine until I someone stops the server. When this occurs, my program start sending the following message:
Unknown marker: 0!!
Unknown marker: 0!!
Unknown marker: 0!!
In a loop, and keep there forever.
The only place I could imagine the error was been generated in my code is the following:
.
.
.
dbcmd(dbproc, query_buf);
dbsqlexec(dbproc);
while ((result_code = dbresults(dbproc)) != NO_MORE_RESULTS) {
if (result_code != SUCCEED) {
dbcancel(dbproc);
break;
}
}
if ((result_code != SUCCEED) &&
(result_code != NO_MORE_RESULTS)) {
dbcancel(dbproc);
backupDBWrite_log(d);
mainDBOK = 0;
mainDBRecheckCount = 100;
}
.
.
.

But, seems to be right for me. I have no clue in how to detect the connection was lost. I do have a backup database strategy implemented, using mySQL, but it will only work if I manage to detect the error.
Any help will be apreciated.
Thanks,

Vanderlei