freetds - Re: ct_con_props() patched

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Brian Bruns" <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: freetds
  • Subject: Re: ct_con_props() patched
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 16:42:53

Ack, a little too trigger happy with the cut and paste! :-)

Thanks Mark, it looks great.

Brian

On 11/30/99, "Mark Schaal <mark AT champ.tstonramp.com>" wrote:
> There were three small bugs in ct_con_props(), one of which caused
> DBD::Sybase to crash. A patch has been added to the CVS. Brian,
> you might want to look at #3 to verify that it's correct.
>
> (1) There was no 'break;' ending the CS_GET/CS_USERDATA case.
> The fall-thru overwrote the output buffer, eventually causing
> a segfault.
> (2) The 'break;' in CS_GET/CS_BULK_LOGIN was before the memcpy().
> (3) The CS_GET/CS_CON_STATUS was doing |= and &= on an unintialized
> value. I initialized it to zero to be safe.
>
> Things look good now - I'm getting the same results from DBD::Sybase
> as from 0.47. Can't wait until I get a free moment to try the SYBTEXT
> support.

Looking at the results processing in TDS 7.0 I saw what may be a rather
serious bug with text types under TDS 5.0 but I didn't have time to look in
to it. Hopefully tonight or tommorow I will, but until then you may want
to stick to 4.2

BTW, the TDS version stuff is now completely tied to the socket. So you
can have a program open connections to MS SQL 6.5, MS SQL 7.0 and Sybase
ASE 11.x with TDS 4.2, 7.0, and 5.0 respectively all in one program! The
--with-tdsver compile-time flag is now only used as a default.