freetds - Bulk copy support

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Brian Bruns" <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: freetds
  • Subject: Bulk copy support
  • Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 9:54:32

Hi everyone,

I've checked in a preliminary implementation of the bulk copy routines for
dblib. Right now, it only handles full file bulk copys (
bcp_bind()/bcp_sendrow() are not implemented). Both in and out works,
however the bulk in is not yet handling terminators, I'll be fixing that
soon.

The code needs some tidying up and some things need to be pushed down into
the tds layer so ctlib can be supported as well, but it does actually work
(it even works on text/image datatypes). I also need to document the
protocol still (if you've taken the internals class or know the on disk
format of the rows, the data is sent to the server in the format the rows
are stored on disk! So, the server just slaps a row number on it and writes
it....which is why bcp is so fast).

Brian

  • Bulk copy support, Brian Bruns, 11/09/1999