freetds - Re: Trouble on FreeBSD + Apache + Php3 + FreeTDS

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT umcc.ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Trouble on FreeBSD + Apache + Php3 + FreeTDS
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 08:13:42 -0400 (EDT)

One work around that some people have used for this is to rename dbopen in
freetds to tdsdbopen() or something similar in src/dblib/dblib.c and
include/sybdb.h and then modify php to call tdsdbopen() instead in
functions/sybase.c

If I get time this weekend I'll patch this into freetds and submit the
workaround to the PHP people. Michael, would you be interested in adding
a workaround option to sybperl? I'll add something like
'--enable-dbm-conflict-fix' to freetds' configure.

Cheers,

Brian