freetds - What do these errors mean?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "David MacKenzie" <djm AT web.us.uu.net>
  • To: freetds
  • Subject: What do these errors mean?
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 6:3:41

I'm trying to use FreeTDS 0.47 and sqsh 1.7 to access a Sybase database
running on Solaris 2.5.1. It produces some error messages, below, that
I don't know what to do about.

I configured FreeTDS like this:
./configure --prefix=$HOME --with-tdsver=5.0
I also tried it with --with-tdsver=4.2 and 4.6, but that didn't seem to
change anything. With --with-tdsver=7.0, the library had an unresolved
symbol.

I configured sqsh like this:
./configure --prefix=/homes/kenmore/web/djm --with-static --with-devlib
I also tried it without --with-devlib, but again, that didn't seem
to make a difference. I linked it with -lct -lsocket.

I used gcc 2.7.2. I have set
export SYBASE=$HOME

When I run sqsh, I get this:

djm@webserve0 169 $ ./sqsh
sqsh-1.7 Copyright (C) 1995-1999 Scott C. Gray
This is free software with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
For more information type '\warranty'
Password:
Unknown property 7
connect: Cannot assign requested address
Unknown property 26

It does this even if I give it valid -P, -U, -D, and -H arguments,
except then the connect error message is "connect: Connection refused".
When I set SYBASE=/usr/vendor/sybase and run isql, that works.

What do these FreeTDS error messages mean? I also compiled them on
BSD/OS 4.0.1 and got the same error messages.