freetds - Compile fails on Solaris 2.6 with SunPro C++ 4.2

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Peter Millerchip" <peter.millerchip AT accurate.co.uk>
  • To: freetds
  • Subject: Compile fails on Solaris 2.6 with SunPro C++ 4.2
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 8:31:51

Hi,

I'm trying to compile FreeTDS under Solaris 2.6 using the SunPro 4.2 C++
compiler, and it fails when attempting to use cc. The problem is that the
option "-Wp,-MD,.deps/mem.pp" gets passed to cc, which then passes "-MD
.deps/mem.pp" to cpp. Unfortunately, SunPro's cpp only accepts "-M" with no
other options, which outputs the makefile dependencies to stdout. I don't
know enough about autoconf and the Makefiles used to be able to fix it, but
could this be fixed in a future release? If FreeTDS needs Makefile
dependencies, it could perhaps do them in a separate first pass before
doing the actual compile. Is this feasible, or am I talking rubbish?

Thanks,

Pete.

  • Compile fails on Solaris 2.6 with SunPro C++ 4.2, Peter Millerchip, 10/01/1999