freetds - Re: Compiling FreeTDS on HP/UX

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Allyn Craig" <abcraig AT ichips.intel.com>
  • To: freetds
  • Subject: Re: Compiling FreeTDS on HP/UX
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 18:15:48

>Now that I've got FreeTDS/DBD-Sybase working on Solaris, Linux and AIX,
the
>next one I need to get set up is HP/UX. I'm getting the following error
>when trying to compile FreeTDS:

>/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/hppa1.1-hp-hpux10.20/cygnus-2.7-96q4/ld -b +h
>libtds.sl.0 +b /usr/abcraig/db/freetds/hpux/lib -o .libs/libtds.sl.0.0
>mem.lo token.lo util.lo login.lo read.lo write.lo convert.lo numeric.lo
>
>collect2: unable to open dynamic dependency ' static branch'

Brian, thanks for the sugguestions. Unfortunately they didn't help.
But they did give me a few ideas, so after playing around with a few
things, I changed from using gnu ld to /usr/ucb/ld, did a gmake and
everything came out perfectly and it's working now.

Thanks!
Allyn Craig
abcraig AT ichips.intel.com