freetds - M$ SQL 7, again ;-)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Paul Schaap" <Paul.Schaap AT dingoblue.com.au>
  • To: freetds
  • Subject: M$ SQL 7, again ;-)
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 10:4:42

Hi,

I have a fairly recent CVS freetds which has the following two issues :-

1) With both php and sqsh dates come through incorrectly, i.e.
1> SELECT ID,DateAdded FROM Customer WHERE ID > 10001434
2> \go
ID DateAdded
-------- -------------------
10001435 Aug 11 1903 06:51AM
10001436 Aug 30 1903 06:51AM
10001437 Nov 25 1903 06:51AM

(3 rows affected)
1> SELECT ID,CONVERT(CHAR(20),DateAdded) FROM Customer WHERE ID > 10001434
2> \go
ID
-------- --------------------
10001435 Sep 10 1999 9:32PM
10001436 Sep 10 1999 9:51PM
10001437 Sep 10 1999 11:18PM

(3 rows affected)
I resolve this by doing a CONVERT right now ! Any ideas how it could be
fixed ?

2) With php 3.0.12 any VARCHAR fields (and this damn database is riddled
with them) have the strange habit of 'eating' some of the following html
elements!?!?! I suspect php is handing through some trailing garbage which
apache or the browser then chokes/coughs on. I suspect it chokes in apache
because I get infrequent and random SegFault (11)'s on exactly the same
query and result sets. I also tested on php4 betas and CVS and it was even
'hungrier'. Note sqsh behaves perfectly with the VARCHARS !

I also tried a --with-sybase-ct=/usr/local/freetds as suggested in earlier
posts (thanks Brian :-) on php but apache (which normally compiles
perfectly!) gives the following result on configure
+ adding selected modules
o php3_module uses ConfigStart/End
+ checking sizeof various data types
+ doing sanity check on compiler and options
** A test compilation with your Makefile configuration
** failed. This is most likely because your C compiler
** is not ANSI. Apache requires an ANSI C Compiler, such
** as gcc. The above error message from your compiler
** will also provide a clue.
Aborting!
VERY weird ! Since this is clearily incorrect.

Is there anyone else out there in a similar position ? Also note I'm on
PowerPC and endianess may be involved...

REGARDS
Paul SChaap