freetds - Re: Debian package of freetds_jdbc available soon

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Andreas Tille <tillea AT rki.de>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Debian package of freetds_jdbc available soon
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 12:02:39 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 27 Aug 1999, Craig Spannring wrote:

> That sounds good, except that I would name it freetds-jdbc_19990813.
> That will keep things sorted properly after December 31, 1999.
You are right, but I hope that there will be an official version
numbering up to December 31, 1999. Anyway, the next upstream package
will be packaged y2k save.

> It does have version numbering, just not on the FreeTDS web page.
> Look at
>
> ftp://freetds.internetcds.com/pub/freetds_jdbc
Oh yes, you are right. At first I downloaded the stuff from the
web page and when loading the stuff from the ftp archive I was
confused because there is a version 0.2 from March 9, an archive
without version number from August 20 and the archive named snapshot
from August 28. I'd consider it to be a good idea, if you'd insert
a "dist" statement in the Makefile which would use a VERSION
variable.

> Of course I haven't released a new official version in while now. I
> wanted to get rid of all the known bugs before the next release.
That's perfectly all right. I would be happy about a private E-mail
to be informed soon about the new upstream source to get it bundled
fast.

Kind regards

Andreas.