freetds - Re: Compiling under Redhat Linux

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler AT peppler.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Compiling under Redhat Linux
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 15:12:29 -0700 (PDT)

Brian Bruns writes:

> On Thu, 26 Aug 1999, Michael Peppler wrote:
>
> > Kevin Wormington writes:
> > > Hi all, I have been trying to compile the snapshot version under
> > Redhat
> > > Linux 5.2 and I get a slew of errors regarding "@SHELL@" and
> > "@LIBTOOL@" not
> > > being found. I know that I could modify the Makefile.in to point to
> > the
> > > correct path, but am I missing something to set the paths in a single
> > place?
> > >

> > I had the same problem this morning.
> >
> > I ended up reinstalling autoconf and libtool from the sources...
> >
> > Michael
>
> Did that end up working for you? I only need to install libtool and
> everything was happy (actually I only needed the m4 file but...)

I first did that, but I may have gotten a libtool that was too recent,
because one of the commands then complained that I needed autoconf
2.13 instead of 2.12. So I ended up getting the new autoconf, and
installing that (which was quick).

After that things went fine.

What I'm not sure I understand is why the autoconf package is needed
at all. I don't have any of that installed on my Sun box and the build
doesn't break there...

Michael
--
Michael Peppler -||- Data Migrations Inc.
mpeppler AT peppler.org -||- http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler