freetds - Re: TDS V7.0 and MSSQL Version 7.0

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Stephan February <essef AT mweb.co.za>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: TDS V7.0 and MSSQL Version 7.0
  • Date: Sat, 07 Aug 1999 22:54:12 +0200

Hi there

Too bad about the NDA :-(.
I have the following setup over here. Linux on my laptop, windows 95 on
my workstation at work, and MS SQL Server 7.0 on NT somewhere
downstairs. I have just finished writing a very elementary proxy for
Linux; and have managed to successfully intercept and log the entire
login process for my Win/SQL 7.0 ISQL client.
I hope to be of help in documenting the TDS 7.0 protocol as 'embraced/
extended/ implemented' by MS. If you have any utilities lying around
that you have used in you own efforts with the other TDS reverse
engineering efforts, please forward them.
Not having looked too deeply into the current 4.2/4.6/5.0 tds
implementation in the code, how difficult would it be to fold TDS7.0
into the existing code-base?

Rgrds
Stephan
essef AT mweb.co.za