freetds - Using FreeTDS with PHP and Sybase

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Mark Roedel" <roedelm AT letu.edu>
  • To: freetds
  • Subject: Using FreeTDS with PHP and Sybase
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 16:47:52

I'm sure I'm just doing something utterly bone-headed, but I've been at
this for a couple of weeks now and still don't see it.

FreeTDS 0.45, PHP 3.0.11, Apache 1.3.6, FreeBSD 3.1-RELEASE,
attempting to connect to Sybase 11, DEC Alpha, OpenVMS

Everything builds smoothly with no error messages. The FreeTDS sample
programs, when modified to point to the Alpha, are able to run
successfully.

But...

I haven't been able to get a successful (nonzero) result yet from from a
sybase_connect() call in PHP.

So...any suggestions as to what painfully obvious thing I might be
overlooking?

  • Using FreeTDS with PHP and Sybase, Mark Roedel, 07/23/1999