freetds - Re: Compiling FreeTDS on FreeBSD 4.0-Current with PHP & Apache

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler AT peppler.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Compiling FreeTDS on FreeBSD 4.0-Current with PHP & Apache
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 07:29:46 -0700 (PDT)

Karl Pielorz writes:
> Michael Peppler wrote:
>
> > That's probably the libdb dbopen you are seeing. Apache is probably
> > compiled with some option that uses libdb...
> >

> > > At the moment I've worked around the problem by putting a '#define
> > dbopen
> > > tds_dbopen' in tds.h, and modifying the PHP's sybase.c with a simlar
> > > #define...
> > >
> > > This compiles and runs...
> >
> > That's a solution, although this can't be generalized by freeTDS as
> > most Sybase DBlib apps will expect to see the dbopen() call...
>
> Yeah, I thought that might be the case... Does this mean it just needs
> documenting somewhere? - e.g. FAQ or something? And if so, in who's FAQ? :)
> Apache? FreeTDS, or PHP? <g>

FreeTDS probably. As this library will (probably) be used on systems
where libdb is prevalent the same problem is likely to show up in
various situations.

Note that for Apache, if the module that uses libdb is compiled as a
DSO then the problem *should* be solved, as only the loadable module
needs to be linked with -ldb. This is the same problem as perl's
DB_File module, for example.

Michael
--
Michael Peppler -||- Data Migrations Inc.
mpeppler AT peppler.org -||- http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler