freetds - Re: Compiling FreeTDS on FreeBSD 4.0-Current with PHP & Apache

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler AT peppler.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Compiling FreeTDS on FreeBSD 4.0-Current with PHP & Apache
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 07:12:08 -0700 (PDT)

Karl Pielorz writes:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm new to the list, and I couldn't find any archive to search :( - So,
> sorry
> if this is a known problem...
>
> I'm having problems compiling FreeTDS 0.45 with PHP/Apache support under
> FreeBSD 4.0-Current... Apparently theres a namespace clash with libc and
> libsybdb, both of which define "dbopen".

That's probably the libdb dbopen you are seeing. Apache is probably
compiled with some option that uses libdb...

> At the moment I've worked around the problem by putting a '#define dbopen
> tds_dbopen' in tds.h, and modifying the PHP's sybase.c with a simlar
> #define...
>
> This compiles and runs...

That's a solution, although this can't be generalized by freeTDS as
most Sybase DBlib apps will expect to see the dbopen() call...

Michael
--
Michael Peppler -||- Data Migrations Inc.
mpeppler AT peppler.org -||- http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler