freetds - Help - MSSQL + Freetds 0.45 + linux 5.2 + apache + php3.0.11

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Shane Akhgar" <shane AT zks.net>
  • To: freetds
  • Subject: Help - MSSQL + Freetds 0.45 + linux 5.2 + apache + php3.0.11
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 17:1:34

Hi,

Apologies in advance if this is a major newbie issue, but we're having a
really hard time getting this to work.

Packages are:
Apache 1.3.6
PHP 3.0.11
Linux (Redhat 5.2) but with kernel 2.2.9
Freetds 0.45
MSSQL 6.5

Everything compiles, we can connect to the MSSQL server, do some queries,
etc. Everything *seems* fine as long as we only do queries for single
fields. Anytime we try to retrieve more than one field, we get several
hundred lines in the apache error log like this:

Unknown marker: 251!!
Unknown marker: 187!!
Unknown marker: 4!!
Unknown marker: 0!!
Unknown marker: 0!!
Unknown marker: 0!!
Unknown marker: 0!!
Unknown marker: 1!!
Unknown marker: 0!!
Unknown marker: 4!!
Unknown marker: 187!!

Here are a couple of queries that don't work:
$query = "SELECT * FROM sampledb WHERE id = 4404";

$query = "SELECT first FROM sampledb";

Any help would be much appreciated, we're really at our wits end.