freetds - Update on TDS spec publication

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Mendonsa, Ray" <ray.mendonsa AT intel.com>
  • To: freetds
  • Subject: Update on TDS spec publication
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 11:49:49

I have had some recent contact with Sybase about the publication of the TDS
spec. In a nutshell, the engineering staff has it written and ready for
publication, but it's still hung up in their legal department. They have
an non-disclosure agreement (NDA) prepared for access to the information
now, so if you need the information for your own nefarious purposes you can
probably get it. The free source world, unfortunately will have to wait a
little longer.

BTW, my interest in this is to hopefully see more and better
protocol-filtering proxies available for Microsoft and Sybase database
connections. Currently, I'm only aware of Gauntlet, which is a poor fit
for my firewall. If anyone has any product suggestions for me, I am
greatly interested!

Thanks,

Ray Mendonsa
ray.mendonsa AT intel.com