freetds - Re: MONEY datatype

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Brian Bruns" <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: freetds
  • Subject: Re: MONEY datatype
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 10:31:6

On 05/28/99, ""Oleg Klimashevsky" <oleg AT gpb.tspace.ru>" wrote:
> Does someone fix it:

>/*FIX ME -- this will not handle really big money */
>bignum=(unsigned char) src[4]+
>(unsigned char) src[5]*256+
>(unsigned char) src[6]*256*256+
>(unsigned char) src[7]*256*256*256;
>dollars=bignum/10000;
>hundreths=bignum%10000;
>sprintf(dest,"%lu.%02lu",dollars,hundreths/100);

I've put in some preliminary support for numeric/decimal types in the
latest stuff. Money types are just special cases of these, so the plan is
to convert the money stuff to use the numeric/decimal datatype
conversions.

I've got things pretty torn up right now, it order to add support for some
other features. I'm hoping to be done with that soon, and then I'll
revisit the money datatypes.

>And How to get number of records in a cursor?

Server side cursor support is non-existant currently. We happily accept
any and all patches. :)

  • MONEY datatype, Oleg Klimashevsky, 05/27/1999
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: MONEY datatype, Brian Bruns, 05/28/1999