freetds - apache+mod_php prob on mips

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Torsten Droste" <td AT pop-stuttgart.net>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: apache+mod_php prob on mips
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 09:53:33 +0100

Hi,

on the homepage PHP is mentioned as a tds-working program. So I tried
to compile apache1.3.3 + PHP 3.07 (--with-sybase-ct=...) + freetds 0.41 on
a mips machine (cobalt RaQ).

So far I recognized the following probs:

- a couple of the depends contain i386 paths, so no compile on mips.

- a couple of #defines are missing e.g. CONN_DEAD etc.

Digging in the source I found at least one or two which were already
defined with it's value but another name. Needless to say, I won't compile
with adding/modifying some #defines.

Then I did so and and phpinfo shows the correct sybase-ct infos (as if
compiled with original ctlibs).

I can connect, select_db. After connecting I get the "context switch
message" (don't recall exactly but has to to with the standard database)
from the sybase server which is logged within the error-log.

But if I try to get a return value I get a segmentation fault.

e.g.

select * from test where this_option_will = "never_be_true"

=> works because no match = no data returned

select * from test

=> segfault.

Any ideas how narrow this #define problem down ? Or is this due to the
limited ctlib-support at this time ? Any ideas ?

Bye, Torsten Droste
Torsten Droste td AT pop-stuttgart.net
Internet PoP Stuttgart phone: +49 711 6574500
INC InterNet Connectivity GmbH fax: +49 711 6574501
Schenkendorfstr. 17 70193 Stuttgart