freetds - Sybase TDS Specification and Open Source for ctlib, dblib, jconnect, etc.

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Steve Olson <olson AT sybase.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Sybase TDS Specification and Open Source for ctlib, dblib, jconnect, etc.
  • Date: Wed, 07 Apr 1999 18:55:33 -0400

Hello,

Sybase laywers have finally approved the public distribution of the TDS
specification. The document and open client source code will soon (withih a
couple of months) be made available for free download via the Sybase web
site. This will likely coincide with the availability of ASE 11.9.2 for
Linux, estimated in June.

We can provide you (FreeTDS) with an early version of the TDS spec, if you
(Brian?) are willing to sign a non-disclosure agreement. While it is written
in intimidating legalese, the essence of it is to ask you to keep the
information to yourself until a public announcement can be made.

If you are interested, let me know, and I will send you a copy of the NDA.
You can sign it, fax it back to me, and I will then forward the TDS spec to
you. Is Postscript OK?

Regards,
Steve Olson

phone: (603)230-7101
fax: (603)230-7199
email: olson AT sybase.com

  • Sybase TDS Specification and Open Source for ctlib, dblib, jconnect, etc., Steve Olson, 04/07/1999