freetds - Re: Need Urgent Help

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Peter Haworth <pmh AT edison.ioppublishing.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Need Urgent Help
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 11:11:37 +0100 (BST)

jkumar AT qualcomm.com wrote:
> In my project I have a requirement to interact with MS SQL database. The MS
> SQL server will be running on NT and my clients programs on Solaris. I
> tried talking to MS SQL database by using DBI::ODBC. But I seem to be
> missing something.

You need an ODBC driver for that to work. For Solaris, they all seem to cost
money.

> I tried installing DBD::FreeTDS on solaris, but getting core dump while
> trying to connect to the database. Can somebody help to solve this problem.
> I need to complete this stuff ASAP.

I have the same problem. DBD::Sybase (compiled against FreeTDS) works slightly
better for me. It doesn't crash on connecting, but all rows fetched have zero
columns.

--
Peter Haworth pmh AT edison.ioppublishing.com
"Ley lines connect points of gullibility."

  • Need Urgent Help, jkumar, 04/03/1999
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Need Urgent Help, Peter Haworth, 04/06/1999