freetds - Problem with PreparedStatement (with MS SQL 4..)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Malte Grunwald <mg AT clearing-bank.de>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Problem with PreparedStatement (with MS SQL 4..)
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 18:29:59 +0200 (CEST)

Hallo,

I know the MS SQL 4... is totally out of date, but we have to stick with
it since an old back-office is connected to the database:

I am creating an simple prepared statement:

con.createPreparedStatement(SELECT * FROM table WHERE name = ?);

executing the Query I get the following error:

..tds.PreparedStatement.submitProcedure: Must declare '@P1'

I have checked the stored procedure which is created by the driver:

create proc #jdbc#1 ( @P1 char(255)) as SELECT * FROM table WHERE field =
@P1

This string makes absolutely sense (as well for the old version of
database)

Does anyone have an idea what could go wrong?

Thanks for any help and have a nice eastern..

Malte

Malte Grunwald
Risiko Management/System Entwicklung
Clearing Bank Hannover AG

  • Problem with PreparedStatement (with MS SQL 4..), Malte Grunwald, 03/31/1999