freetds - NUMERIC appearing as Double in freetds-jdbc

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James Uther" <hemul AT gmp.usyd.edu.au>
  • To: freetds
  • Subject: NUMERIC appearing as Double in freetds-jdbc
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 22:38:50

Hi All,
I've been playing with freetds_jdbc and seriously want to use it for some
stuff here, but i've got a problem. I have some NUMERIC id columns (Tds
type 108?) but the db metadata routines keep calling them
java.sql.Types.DOUBLE. so ResultSet.getString(the numeric column) gives me
a Double.toString(), which doesn't work because these columns have some way
large numbers in them that get truncated.

now it seems that Tds.cvtNativeTypeToJdbcType is being fed a native type of
109, (SYBFLTN) instead of 108 (SYBNUMERIC) which is wrong, but i've been
unable to chase the bug further (the deep tds stuff confused me).

the freedts_jdbc code was fresh from cvs today.

anyone have any idea what the problem is?
thanks heaps
james

  • NUMERIC appearing as Double in freetds-jdbc, James Uther, 03/17/1999