freetds - Re: Can FreeTDS help me with my Sybase interface problem

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Ed Delgado" <delinfo AT home.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Can FreeTDS help me with my Sybase interface problem
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 20:17:48 -0500

This is starting to sound promising!!!

What specific information do I need to know about the Sybase System, that I
want to interface with, to have a better idea if FreeTDS can help me? Along
those lines, what information do I need about the platforms that my client
will be running on?

I am relatively new to the ODBC game (especially from UNIX side), can you
tell me all of the components that I will need to implement this UNIX to
Sybase solution?

You mentioned that you have run FreeTDS under Digital UNIX 4.0, was that an
ALPHA based system?

That would be the first PLATFORM I need to implement, but, I would work on
getting it to work on HPUX as well. Is there documentation or sample client
code written that I could take a look at?

Any help you could provide would help immensely. Thanks for the speedy
reply....

Ed