freetds - Problems with latest from CVS

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Gregg Jensen <greggj AT savvis.net>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Problems with latest from CVS
  • Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 10:42:11 -0600

I am having some problem with values being returned while running
queries from sybperl 2.10 or 2.09 (dblib) and was wondering if anyone
else had experienced. While running a query from Linux(intel) to
retrieve several rows from Sybase running on Linux(intel), I am getting
fields that are not being cleared from the row before. For example, a
query to retrieve 4 rows produces:

(output has column name and then the column value)
interface FastEthernet2/1/0
interface Serial3/0/02/1/0
interface Serial3/0/12/1/0
interface FastEthernet3/1/0

and it should look like:

interface FastEthernet2/1/0
interface Serial3/0/0
interface Serial3/0/1
interface FastEthernet3/1/0

These fields are varchar fields.

On another note (still running through sybperl), running a query to
MS-SQL that has char and varchar fields, returns a field that has a
bunch of, what looks like, control characters after the value. Maybe to
fill the field. I see it through the debugger. I am using the output
from one query to feed another query and the second query does not
succeed (ie no rows returned). I do not know if these "extra" things
are being sent as well, thus ruining the query.

I wanted to be sure it was freetds, so I compiled sybperl 2.10 with the
dblib from Sybase and the same queries appear to work correctly.

In trying to debug this, I tried to go back to a previous version and
could not get the library to compile with sybperl. There were several
missing functions, which I stubbed out, but they must be needed as I got
nothing but core dumps.

To double check, I built all the libraries on a newly installed Linux
box and had the same results. Basically, right now my perl scripts do
not work, but sqsh-1.4 seems to be working just fine though (it doesn't
do the same thing as sybperl though).

Gregg

  • Problems with latest from CVS, Gregg Jensen, 03/02/1999