freetds - Re: FreeTDS on Solaris

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Martin Spott <martin AT quickstep.cologne.de>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: FreeTDS on Solaris
  • Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 14:15:24 +0100

Hi Gregg, you wrote:

> Configure is still broken for Solaris. What I have done, is manually
> change the lines that look like this:
[...]
> OLDCFLAGS="$OLDCFLAGS -DHW_BIG_ENDIAN"
[...]

That looks reasonable and works for me - not really a surprise ;-)

> I too, see it re-run configure after running configure on Solaris, but
> with the change above, I have been able to get it compiled successfully
> and linked with sqsh-1.4. [...]

One might mention that it needs to exclude "-lblk -lcs -lcomn" from linking
and add "-lsocket" to please the linker. So when I try to run the resulting
sqsh it looks like this:

foehn: 14:14:14 ~> sqsh -Usa -Stango
sqsh-1.4.1 Copyright (C) 1995, 1996 Scott C. Gray
This is free software with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
For more information type '\warranty'
Password:
Unknown property 32
Unknown property 40