freetds - word alignment again on Solaris

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Gregg Jensen <greggj AT savvis.net>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: word alignment again on Solaris
  • Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 10:16:22 -0600

I have found another place where the word alignment bug has struck on
Solaris. If a column is a float and is printed out (ie,
tds_convert_flt8 is called), then it would dump core on the
*(double*)src. I applied the word alignment "kludge" supplied by in a
question, shouldn't this have been caught with on of the previous word
alignment fixes? Currently, I have the kludge directly in
tds_convert_flt8 which is probably not the correct way to fix this. Any
thoughts?

Gregg

  • word alignment again on Solaris, Gregg Jensen, 02/17/1999