freetds - Re: convert_int4 on Solaris(Sparc)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Gregg Jensen <greggj AT savvis.net>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: convert_int4 on Solaris(Sparc)
  • Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 16:05:19 -0600

Brian Bruns wrote:

> > select and no output. I run another similar query and the output for the
> > previous query spits out.
> >
> I'll try this out on this end (maybe we should open a bug? I'd really like
> to start using the bug tracking system...). Actually, I just built
> sqsh-1.4 against the latest on Linux and it works against a Sybase 11.0.1
> server. Is yours not working only on Sun or is it that you're hitting a
> MS-SQL database?

The problem shows up only on Solaris(sparc) sqsh-1.4 going against MS
SQL Server. The Linux side seems to be fine.

As to bug tracking, I have another bug that probably should be entered
as well. It has to do with the END2 marker. I have a stored procedure
that responds with 'Y' or 'N' and it shows up in the text(?) portion of the
message, and currently it doesn't get extracted. I had a fix in an earlier
version, but it wasn't checked in to cvs. I tried the procedure today,
after not using it since I made the fix, and it doesn't work.

> Exactly, go ahead and check it in, and I'll do the platform specific
> checks afterwards (it won't hurt anything, just waste a couple bytes on
> intel 'til it's corrected).

OK.

Gregg