freetds - Re: convert_int4 on Solaris(Sparc)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Gregg Jensen <greggj AT savvis.net>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: convert_int4 on Solaris(Sparc)
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 15:26:27 -0600

I have whittled one particular problem on Solaris(sparc) down to the
convert_int4. It seems to
be choking (core dump) on :

*(TDS_INT*)src

I have the same test compiled on Linux (with the same version from CVS) and
it works just fine.
If you have any ideas why Solaris (using gcc-2.7.2) might choke on this?
When I run through the
debugger and stop before this line, and execute 'print *(TDS_INT*)src' it
works just fine (the
correct value gets printed). I used the old conversion code (from an older
version of dblib with
the proper modifications), and the correct values get printed and no core
dumps. Any ideas?

Gregg