freetds - Re: Changes in the INSTALL procedure for freetds

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Mihai Ibanescu <misa AT dntis.ro>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Changes in the INSTALL procedure for freetds
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 07:53:52 +0200 (EET)

On Tue, 12 Jan 1999, Craig Spannring wrote:

> The 'configure' file needs to be auto-generated for each machine. It,
> along with several other files, was mistakenly added to the CVS
> repository. I've now removed it from CVS. The big change for
> installing FreeTDS is that now you have to run 'autoconf' before
> running './configure'.
>
> The INSTALL file has been changed to reflect the new build procedure.

This is wrong. GNU packages should install even on systems without
autoconf. You may see that the first thing configure does is check for
auto{conf,make}. If one may want to know what files should be included in
a package, one should run 'make dist' and then untar the result.

Best wishes,
Mihai

Mihai Ibanescu Dynamic Network Technologies
http://sysadm.dntis.ro/~misa 35 Moara de Foc, 6600 Iasi
misa AT dntis.ro tel. +40-32-252936