freetds - Re: CTLib improvements/SQSH 1.6 running

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Gregg Jensen <greggj AT savvis.net>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: CTLib improvements/SQSH 1.6 running
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 09:40:53 -0600

> but autoconf is failing for Solaris. So I'm hoping someone will send a
> patch, but I'm not going to hold the release up for it. We can always put
> out a 0.42.

I have commited a patched configure, but I am concerned with versioning. It
looks
like the tag R0_40 was attached to version 1.3, and when I commited the file
it was
at version 1.7. I made these changes on a version of the code checked out as
-r
R0_40, so what I have checked in may not be correct (ie, backstepped the
code).
Can someone check it out?

This fixes configure, but there is still a problem with ltconfig which
generates
libtool. When it runs, it determines that it is running on a sun, and
decides that
the use of "echo" does not run correctly and enforces printf to be used
instead.
That may be the case for most things, but there is one point in libtool in
which it
does not, and should be "echo". The easy fix, is at that point, check for
Sun and
set $echo to be echo, but this seems like it would create a bad maintanence
point.
Any suggestions?

Gregg