freetds - Re: Changing from the default database

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Gregg Jensen <greggj AT savvis.net>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Changing from the default database
  • Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 16:31:25 -0600

Dan Nguyen wrote:

> After hacking up the makefiles I finally got FreeTDS to compile on the
> Solaris machine at work. I was able to get it to connect to our MSSQL 6.5
> machine using the tdstest program in the example directory.
>
> Is there a way I can change from my default database to another one before
> I preform my sql query?

I would be interested in hearing what you did to get it to compile for
Solaris, I
ran into the same problem as you did.

As for changing the default database at the tds layer, you can call
tds_set_version(TDSLOGIN* login, short major_ver, short minor_ver)

where (for SQL SVR 6.5) major number is 4 and minor number is 2

at the dblib layer you call db_setversion(DBINT version)
where version would be DBVERSION_42 which is defined in the header file.

I am not sure about the other layers, someone else can jump in with the
answer to
that.

Gregg Jensen