freetds - Perl DBI code for TDS on CVS server

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Craig Spannring <cts AT internetcds.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Perl DBI code for TDS on CVS server
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 00:02:42 -0800 (PST)

I've checked in the initial code for a Perl DBI driver. It is
available via anonymous CVS at

cvs -d :pserver:anon-cvs:/Repository checkout freetds_dbd

or via anonymous ftp at

ftp://freetds.internetcds.com:/pub/freetds_dbd

Currently it only uses version 4.2 of the TDS protocol. It can
perform some simple queries int, smallint, char or varchar data.

Since this driver is very much incomplete I have the Makefile.PL
generate a static version of Perl to make debugging easier. Speaking
of debugging it currently crashes when the perl interpreter exits. If
anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong or where I could look I'd
really appreciate it.

BTW- I initially tried to use the DB-LIB routines, but there were a
couple of things that DBI needs that aren't supplied by DB-LIB so I
scrapped idea that and started fresh.

Life is short. | Craig Spannring
Ski hard, Bike fast. | cts AT internetcds.com
Any sufficiently perverted technology is indistinguishable from Perl.

  • Perl DBI code for TDS on CVS server, Craig Spannring, 12/10/1998