freetds - Re: v0.40 release

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Brian Bruns" <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: freetds
  • Subject: Re: v0.40 release
  • Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 9:52:53

Ok, anyone for 0.41? :)

On 11/22/98, "Craig Spannring <cts AT internetcds.com>" wrote:
> I'm having a couple of problems.
>
> 1) The dependency directories need to be removed from the
> freetds-0.40.tgz file. Some of the header files in the .P
> files don't exist on FreeBSD.

Eek, I really botched that one, will fix it tonight.

> 2) I fixed the problem that caused dbtest to crash, but I hadn't
> gotten it checked in before the archive was made. The problem
> was that dbnextrow() trying to process a row even if
> tds_process_row_tokens() returned TDS_NO_MORE_ROWS.

I can see I need to set up a FreeBSD machine :)

I have a spare 486 I can use. The dbtest.c worked fine for me on Linux, I
had assumed your changes were in...sorry. Must be platform specific.

> Is there a way to squeeze those fixes into the 0.40?

Yeah, I have to redo the tarball tonight anyway, I'll pull the latest from
CVS then. I'm wondering if I should denote the change or just update 0.40

> One other thing, in the announcement could you mention that the JDBC
> driver is available from the web page and
> ftp://freetds.internetcds.com/pub/freetds_jdbc/. We probably don't
> need to mention the CVS repository in general announcements. If we do
> we need to give the way of getting to the CVS repository.

The access to anon CVS is mentioned in the FAQ, but I'll remove the
reference and point to the tarball, sorry 'bout that one too.