freetds - Re: Freetds report with Sybtcl + patches

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT umcc.ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Freetds report with Sybtcl + patches
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 21:52:45 -0400 (EDT)

Ok, I've integrated all the changes into freetds-current (on the ftp).
Thanks for the patch! I'll add sybtcl to the list of programs we are
trying to get working. I added a stub for dbname() and and a
function for dbmonthname() (english only) in dblib.c (they were in your
list but not implemented).

BTW, if anybodys interested I started put some server code in current
(functions to emulate a server...to be used for the FreeTDS Gateway
eventually)

On Mon, 13 Jul 1998, Tom Poindexter wrote:

> Freetds with Sybtcl
>
> make: see sybdb.h changes below (not in patch format)
>
> test:
> ./tclsh:
> % set h [sybconnect mysybid mysybpw MYSERVER]
> sybtcl0
> % sybuse $h
> cips
> % sybuse $h tempdb
> tempdb
> % sybsql $h "sp_who"
> REG_ROW
> % sybcols $h
> spid status loginame hostname blk dbname cmd
> % puts $sybmsg(collengths)
> 2 12 12 10 5 10 16
> % puts $sybmsg(coltypes)
> smallint char char char char char char
> % sybnext $h
> 2 sleeping {} {} 0 master {NETWORK HANDLER}
> % sybnext $h
> 3 sleeping {} {} 0 master {DEADLOCK TUNE}
> % sybnext $h
> 4 sleeping {} {} 0 master {MIRROR HANDLER}
>
> etc.
>

> COOL!! It's working!

Coolness!

> I haven't tried things like async, polling, compute columns, sp return
> results,
> multiple result sets, or image read/write yet. Nor have I tried the
> ctlib interface.

multiple result sets is likely to work, but the rest of that is just stubs
at the moment.

> Great job so far!
>
> Btw, Sybtcl info is at: http://www.nyx.net/~tpoindex
>

> Tom Poindexter