freetds - Re: is dblib needed?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT umcc.umcc.umich.edu>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: is dblib needed?
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 17:58:20 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 29 Jun 1998, Gregg Jensen wrote:

> I was just curious to know if there should be a priority of getting ctlib
> implemented over dblib? I have been adding some stuff to the tds4.2
> version of the dblib and it still has a long way to go, although it can do
> a bit of the basic stuff. But, if most people will want to use ctlib, then
> it might be better to focus attention on it rather then dblib. Any
> opinions?
>
> Gregg Jensen
> greggj AT savvis.com

I would think that dblib would be most important since ctlib is offered by
Sybase. It has some problems (it was put out as a.out format and
converted to elf, so no dynamic loading), but it is a good solution for
intel peoples. DEC, Sparc, PowerPC and others are currently out of luck.

I'm working on some ctlib stuff just to set something up in case some one
wants/needs to get it working...So far, it can log in and submit a query
but ct_results/ct_fetch isn't implemented yet. I need to upload my latest
changes though. Anyway, shouldn't be that long until we have a working
ctlib, but it (and odbc) are probably lower priority. (or maybe I just
like programming dblib better :)

Brian
camber AT ais.org

  • is dblib needed?, Gregg Jensen, 06/29/1998
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: is dblib needed?, Brian Bruns, 06/29/1998