fingerlakespermaculture - 4th annual Finger Lakes Permaculture Convergence seeks your expertise

  • From: michael AT fingerlakespermaculture.org
  • To: upstatenypermaculture AT googlegroups.com, fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: 4th annual Finger Lakes Permaculture Convergence seeks your expertise
  • Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2017 15:12:49 -0400

On Sunday, August 27th at the Schuyler County Cooperative Extension Facility in Montour Falls, NYpermaculture activists will convene to share, network and learn. Your input is invited for the morning workshops and the afternoon discussion.

This year, “diversity in approaches to permaculture” has emerged as a theme. We invite anyone who is using patterns in nature to inform their work to present a workshop or join in the discussion. Whether you use the word “permaculture” and work directly with plants, animals, and soil OR you are inspired by natural patterns in how you and your organization design human social and economic systems, you are welcome!

The first half of the day will be spent in workshops. 45 minute blocks run from 9:30am-10:45am and 11:00am-11:45am. The 90 minute block runs from 9:45am-11:30am.

To propose your workshop, send an email to <info AT fingerlakespermaculture.org> with your name, a description of your presentation topic, and specify your time slot preference.

Following the morning workshops there will be a 90 minute lunch break with food trucks in the parking lot. Throughout the day, a plant sale sponsored by Cornell Cooperative Extension of Schuyler County will take place outside as well.

The second half of the day will commence at 1pm. FLPCI will share the seeds of a participatory conference format we have gathered from other regional permaculture convergences. We will explore the theme “How can permaculture best serve our communities?” using Open Space Technology (OST) facilitation. This non-hierarchical format allows you and the other attendees to create the agenda and self-organize around your own interests. ALL participants are invited to bring their wisdom, passions, or questions revolving around our theme to the mix. This session will start with an orientation, so please arrive promptly.

###

  • 4th annual Finger Lakes Permaculture Convergence seeks your expertise, michael, 08/09/2017