fingerlakespermaculture - Join us - 2017 PAN Winter Retreat 2/25/17 at D Acres

  • From: "patty love/Barefoot Permaculture" <patty AT barefootpermaculture.com>
  • To: <fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Join us - 2017 PAN Winter Retreat 2/25/17 at D Acres
  • Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2017 19:34:35 -0500

Permaculture Association of the Northeast – PAN (formerly known as PINE) invites you to join us (the PAN Board) at D Acres on Saturday, February 25, 2017 for PAN’s Winter Retreat – a bit of community brainstorming, food, and fun!

REGISTER HERE

More info:
Permaculture is at a tipping point. Now that it has reached a critical mass of practitioners and has entered into many mainstream venues, conversations around standards, who is qualified to teach and certify, and what the process is to become a teacher are coming to a head. PAN has been convening teachers and organizers around this topic for the last three years.  We have been documenting the ecology of permaculture education, asking important questions and listening. Growing out of these conversations and other national and regional conversations we’d like to establish a set of voluntary, bottom up,  standards and run a pilot program for permaculture teachers and courses in 2017.  This topic will be our main focus at the Winter 2017 Retreat. We will come together to pro-actively create pilot standards from and that are informed by our network.  Your continued input and feedback are important in this process. We would love to have you in this conversation  – please join us at the Winter Retreat, February 25th at D Acres in Dorchester,  New Hampshire

Here are some documents to help establish a common understanding:
Mapping the Permaculture Education Ecosystem
By Jono Neiger from our conversations during the 2014 PAN Omega retreat

Rough answers from our standards brainstorm
During the 2016 Omega Teachers Retreat

Permaculture Institute of North America

REGISTER HERE

Please contact me with any questions.  We hope to see you there!

Warmly,
patty love, MALS, PDC

PAN Board Assistant

  • Join us - 2017 PAN Winter Retreat 2/25/17 at D Acres, patty love/Barefoot Permaculture, 02/06/2017