fingerlakespermaculture - For Immediate Release: Groundswell Center seeks Proposals for 2017 Programs

  • From: Jennifer Bassman <jenn AT groundswellcenter.org>
  • To: jenn AT groundswellcenter.org
  • Subject: For Immediate Release: Groundswell Center seeks Proposals for 2017 Programs
  • Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2016 12:21:56 -0400

Groundswell Center for Local Food and Farming seeks Proposals for 2017 Programs

Ithaca, NY – Groundswell Center for Local Foodand Farming is currently soliciting proposals for our 2017 classes, technical courses and workshops. In the past, our most successful programs have been inspired by and taught or organized by practitioners themselves (Orchards, CRAFT Tours, Scything to name a few). We believe the passion from you about a topic you know well and care about leads to the most engaging and worthwhile programs for others. So, for the first time, we are putting out an official Request for Proposals. There's so much regional knowledge, we want to support those who want to share it!

Groundswell is seeking any program proposal idea that meets our mission of supporting diverse learners and creating a sustainable, just and equitable food system. Groundswell programs are typically organized and offered in the Finger Lakes region including Tompkins, Schuyler, Tioga, Cortland, Broome and Seneca counties.

Groundswell, as a project of the Center for Transformative Action, considers course coordinators and instructors as contractors. If your RFP is accepted, you will be compensated $25/hour for planning and teaching time. We will work out the specifics with you as far as how many hours of planning and teaching your course offering will require and we work together on the planning. Depending on the total amount of the contract, CTA will issue you a 1099 at the end of the year. Groundswell will cover the cost of any needed materials or supplies for the course, providing it's not a capital investment to your land and/or will not be covered by course tuition.

RFP's are due by 5pm on November 15th. If you're RFP is selected, you will be notified by December 15th.

Groundswell will lead promotional efforts and marketing for the course, though we will request your collaboration on this through your networks as well. If your proposal is selected, we will work together to select dates, develop an outline, recruit additional educators (if needed), a site for the class (if needed), create promotional materials and provide logistical/organizational support the day/s of the program.

Submission of this RFP does not guarantee your proposal will be selected, nor that the course topic you suggest will be offered. Please contact Elizabeth Gabriel at elizabeth AT groundswellcenter.org (Phone: 607-793-3383) if you have specific questions regarding RFP's or need assistance filling out the form. Forms can be submitted online or mailed/delivered to our office (printable application attached) at 225 S. Fulton Street, Ithaca, NY 14850.

ABOUT GROUNDSWELL CENTER

Groundswell Center for Local Food & Farming is a fiscally sponsored project of the Center for Transformative Action (CTA). CTA, an educational 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, is legally and financially responsible for all our project activities. Support for Groundswell comes from individuals and businesses who believe in the importance of a strong local food system, and from the Park Foundation and the National Institute of Food and Agriculture, U.S. Department of Agriculture, Beginning Farmer and Rancher Development Program under grant #11674923. For more information visit www.groundswellcenter.org.

--
JENN BASSMAN
Marketing Manager

Thank you to everyone who supported us at PIG-N-PINTS! COMING UP NEXT: Fall Harvest Celebration OCT 16. Farm Tour @ 3 Stone Farm 3:30, Farmer Gathering @ Finger Lakes Cider House 5:00pm. •  Grazing & Pasture Management Class 7: Stockpiling Pasture OCT 17 5:30-7pm
Groundswell Center is a proud member of the Diversity Consortium of Tompkins County.

  • For Immediate Release: Groundswell Center seeks Proposals for 2017 Programs, Jennifer Bassman, 10/03/2016