fingerlakespermaculture - Small Fruits class, Thursday 6/23 at CCE Tompkins

  • From: "Chrys B. Gardener" <cab69 AT cornell.edu>
  • To: "Fingerlakes Permaculture List (fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org) (fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org)" <fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Small Fruits class, Thursday 6/23 at CCE Tompkins
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 14:11:23 +0000

Small Fruits for Home Gardens

Thursday, June 23, 2016, 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM

CCE Tompkins, 615 Willow Avenue Ithaca

Cost: $5 - $10 sliding scale

Small fruits are ideal to grow if you are short on space and time. They are easy to fit into a home landscape and start producing fruit a year or two after planting. Currants, gooseberries and jostaberries will be ripe in the CCE gardens, so we will do some tasting of these lesser-known fruits. We will also explore more common fruits such as raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries. Find out about cold hardiness, pollination, soil preparation, propagation, varieties to try, and more.

Pre-registration is required.  Go to http://ccetompkins.org/events/2016/06/23/small-fruits-for-home-gardens for more information or to register online, or call 272-2292 to register and pay by phone.

Chrys Gardener
Commercial/Community Horticulture Educator
Cornell Cooperative Extension - Tompkins County
615 Willow Avenue, Ithaca NY 14850
(607)272-2292, extension 241
www.ccetompkins.org

  • Small Fruits class, Thursday 6/23 at CCE Tompkins, Chrys B. Gardener, 06/16/2016