fingerlakespermaculture - Last Planting Party of the Spring Season: Wellesley Edible Ecosystem

  • From: Dave Jacke <davej AT edibleforestgardens.com>
  • To: Finger Lakes PC listserv <fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Last Planting Party of the Spring Season: Wellesley Edible Ecosystem
  • Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 15:22:52 -0400

The last planting party of spring at the Edible Ecosystem Teaching Garden at Wellesley College Botanic Garden is coming right up!

Two weeks ago we had a great crowd and were well organized, so we got over 1,000 plants in the ground in one day—and got them in the right places too.  Folks collaborated to design the planting pattern for each patch as they worked.  We had a lot of fun and things look great!  Thanks VERY MUCH to everyone who showed up to help out.

We still have about 500 plants to get in the ground, though, so would love to see folks come out again this Saturday, May 9 from 9-5.  If you came to help already we’ll welcome you back with open arms.  If you haven’t helped us before, we’ll welcome you with open arms too!  We’ll have a crew on hand to guid, support and teach you as we work with heart to “plant until we’re planted.”

IF YOU PLAN TO COME SATURDAY PLEASE RSVP to  wcbgfriends AT wellesley.edu so we can plan logistics.

Come check out the garden, help us continue to get this design in the ground by planting, dividing perennials, weeding, and sheet mulching.  Please bring a shovel, iron rake, and gardening gloves if you can, along with personal items (water, sun hat, *your own lunch,* etc.).

The garden lies west of the Whitin Observatory on the Wellesley College campus, 106 Central St., Wellesley, MA (***PARKING is in the lots north or east of the Science Center a short walk away***):

Or, failing that, you can try me at the number below or email above, but I will be busy organizing, so may not be able to respond!  :-)

Peace and blessings,

Dave
Dave Jacke
Dynamics Ecological Design
33 E. Taylor Hill Rd. • Montague, MA • 01351
603-831-1298 • davej AT edibleforestgardens.com

Visit www.edibleforestgardens.com for information on or to purchase my award-winning two-volume book, Edible Forest Gardens.

Mark Krawczyk and I are now writing a new book on Coppice Agroforestry!  Find out more at
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coppiceagroforestry/dave-and-mark-write-a-coppice-agroforestry-book and support our effort by sending a check to the address above—we will honor the same rewards listed on the kickstarter website for any donations sent now.

  • Last Planting Party of the Spring Season: Wellesley Edible Ecosystem, Dave Jacke, 05/05/2015