fingerlakespermaculture - ONLINE Permaculture Course at Cornell with Steve Gabriel

  • From: Steve Gabriel <steve AT fingerlakespermaculture.org>
  • To: fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: ONLINE Permaculture Course at Cornell with Steve Gabriel
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 11:27:55 -0400

Permaculture: Fundamentals of Ecological Design

Offered by the CORNELL UNIVERSITY School of Integrative Plant Science

with Steve Gabriel, extension educator with the Cornell Small Farms Program and co-author of the new book, Farming the Woods (www.FarmingtheWoods.com)

Next course: Oct. 6 through Nov. 20, 2014
Register online.
Enrollment: limited to 25 students.

This 6.5-week online course provides an opportunity for you to build your knowledge about permaculture and ecological design. Permaculture gardens, farms, and backyards balance the provision of human needs with improvement of local ecosystem health. Participants will explore the content through videos, readings, and activities and complete portions of design for a site of their choosing.

Course Schedule:
• Introduction Week: Welcome & Introductions
• Week 1: History & Definitions of Permaculture
• Week 2: Ethics & Case Studies
• Week 3: Ecological Principles
• Week 4: Climate, Energy, & Technology
• Week 5: Zone, Sector, and Elevation Planning
• Week 6: Permaculture Plants & Polycultures

More information and registration : http://hort.cals.cornell.edu/extension-outreach/distance-learning/permaculture-design-fundamentals-ecological-design

This course is one of three that we offer in permaculture design. (Read more about Permaculture Design: Ecosystem Mimicry and Permaculture Design: Design Practicum.) Students may elect to take courses individually if desired or as a set. You may choose an order that best suits your availability and interest. There are no prerequisite requirements for admission into courses.

Most of our participants take our distance courses for life enrichment or professional development. Participants do not receive Cornell University credit for taking any of the courses. Students who complete all three courses are eligible to apply for a certificate from the Finger Lakes Permaculture Institute (www.fingerlakespermaculture.org)

--
www.FingerLakesPermaculture.org
607.527.0607

  • ONLINE Permaculture Course at Cornell with Steve Gabriel, Steve Gabriel, 09/10/2014