fingerlakespermaculture - Ithaca Carshare job opening

  • From: Becky Sims <beckybowen27 AT gmail.com>
  • To: fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Ithaca Carshare job opening
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 13:14:31 -0400

Ithaca Carshare seeks fleet staff

Ithaca Carshare is looking for someone to join our dedicated staff. We are a local nonprofit that provides the community with 24/7 access to a fleet of vehicles on a per-hour basis to enhance community access to transportation while reducing negative environmental and economic impacts.

You are excited about working for a dynamic organization serving all parts of Ithaca’s varied community, have strong communication skills, are reliable with minimal supervision, detail-oriented and organized, good at figuring out & fixing physical things, are confident and motivated to do things that need doing, and are comfortable with the flexible duties that come with being part of a small but strong team.

If you like cars, but hate their impacts, we want to talk to you.  This is a great opportunity for a capable person with a professional outlook to join a growing local organization in an emerging transportation industry. Right now we have one part-time opening and, for the right person, opportunity for growth in duties, responsibilities, and hours into the future.

You’ll be taking care of Ithaca Carshare’s fleet (23 vehicles and growing), making sure the vehicles are squeaky clean and up to date with maintenance. Working with a great crew of volunteer car captains, you’ll arrange for, and shuttle cars to, washes and regular checkups. You’ll also handle other car issues so our members have access to safe and clean cars that look great. Sometimes you’ll use your organizational skills to choreograph service appointments, other times your frugal ingenuity and fixit skill to solve it yourself, and always your good sense to figure out what approach serves our members the best. You will also help handle accident and insurance claims, buy and sell vehicles, manage our parking spaces, and analyze various fleet data for environmental, social and financial impacts.

Comfort getting around town via bike, bus, or foot is necessary for the job. Experience with computers is important, including typing, e-mailing, spreadsheets, and ease with learning new software.

Skill at troubleshooting and fixing broken things so they work and look like near-new is central to this job.

The position is 25-30 hours per week, with Monday-Wednesday mornings (starting at 7:30 am) required for vehicle maintenance and washes. Starting pay is $12.62 per hour, and benefits include health insurance, an Ithaca Carshare membership and a TCAT bus pass.

Application details

A good driving record is required, while a sense of humor is optional but helpful. We ask for electronic submission of applications, as the position requires comfort with computer use in a professional setting. Please submit a resume, cover letter and names of two job references via email to <jennifer AT ithacacarshare.org>. We are accepting applications immediately and until 9:00 am, Monday July 22, 2013. Ithaca Carshare is a certified Living Wage employer and values a reflection of our community’s diversity in our staff and membership.

--
IthacaCarshare.org
607.277.3210

  • Ithaca Carshare job opening, Becky Sims, 07/11/2013