fingerlakespermaculture - Maple Weekend at Sapsquatch Sugarbush

  • From: Joshua Dolan <sapsquatch7 AT gmail.com>
  • To: Michael Burns <Michael AT FingerLakesPermaculture.org>, fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org, Emma Frisch <emmavfrisch AT gmail.com>
  • Subject: Maple Weekend at Sapsquatch Sugarbush
  • Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 12:22:07 -0400

Maple Weekend festivities continue this Saturday and Sunday 11am-5pm both days, this time with a musical twist. Local rockers The Gripes play their debut performance live at the Sapsquatch Sugarshack after dark Saturday night, featuring tunes by Hank Sr., Hank III, Johnny Cash, George Jones, The Stones, Graham Parsons and a few originals. Musicians are encouraged to bring their instruments, their songs and their friends for a night which will go down in sugarshack history.  Come try some pancakes, cocktails and grill up some goodness on Teo Acito's mobile hibachis.

Sapsquatch Sugarbush is located in Enfield at 2247 Mecklenburg Rd./ Rt. 79, 7 miles west of Downtown Ithaca.  Sapsquatch uses sustainably harvest firewood direct from our sugarbush to boil small batch maple syrup.  Our CSA has grown tremendously this year and we are now collecting sap from Woods Earth, an educational community garden just south of Early Bird Farm on Rt. 13/327.  We utilize our maple operation to educate kids and adults about sustainable practices and maple sugaring.

Josh Dolan

  • Maple Weekend at Sapsquatch Sugarbush, Joshua Dolan, 03/20/2013