fingerlakespermaculture - Scholarships for Syracuse Ecological Design course

  • From: "Michael G. Burns" <michael AT fingerlakespermaculture.org>
  • To: fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Scholarships for Syracuse Ecological Design course
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 12:51:20 -0500

The Alchemical Nursery and the Finger Lakes Permaculture Institute announce the donation of two half-scholarships for the Community Training in Ecological Design in Syracuse, NY.

You can apply for a scholarship worth $100 towards your tuition. Our application deadline is Sunday January 27th at midnight and we need to fill a couple roster spots yet to guarantee the course proceeds, so don't wait, please register today, and share with your friends. If you are already registered, or just registering now, we seek to encourage applications from people who can use the skills of ecological design to help meet the needs of their community.

Community Training in Ecological Design teaches basic ecological principles and methods and how to use them to solve problems on your own home and landscape. We will meet over a weekend and then once a week to discuss the principles and techniques of permaculture and ecology that help us make better choices for our land, families, and communities.

Gracious thanks to this year's sponsors: The CNY Community Foundation (https://www.cnycf.org/) and King & King Architects (http://www.kingarch.com ). Sponsorship donations are still being accepted, which, while showing your support of community ecological design, will allow us to provide additional scholarships.

To register, and apply for a scholarship, please visit the Finger Lakes Permaculture website at http://FingerLakesPermaculture.org.

To learn more about the course, information is also available at the Facebook event page https://www.facebook.com/events/443712039011996/

Local Syracuse contact Frank Cetera can be reached with questions or sponsorship donations at <info AT AlchemicalNursery.org> or 315-308-1372.

###