fingerlakespermaculture - Results of year 1 mushroom/duck research

  • From: Steve Gabriel <steve AT fingerlakespermaculture.org>
  • To: fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Results of year 1 mushroom/duck research
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 09:31:43 -0500

Results of Year 1: Integrating ducks into log-grown shiitake mushroom cultivation for slug control and added yields

"As mentioned in previous posts, in early 2012 I received funding from NE-SARE, to study the integration of ducks into my mushroom laying yard as possible slug control. I also sought to compare different breeds for this task and to see how marketable duck products were to the local region. This past season I was fortunate to work with farmers, chefs, researchers, and extension folks as I raised 45 ducks of four breed types in my roughly 1000 log shiitake mushroom operation."

READ MORE:
http://agroforestrysolutions.blogspot.com/2013/01/2012-results-of-duck-research-part-1.html

--
www.FingerLakesPermaculture.org
607.527.0607

  • Results of year 1 mushroom/duck research, Steve Gabriel, 01/13/2013