fingerlakespermaculture - Local Fair, Community Conversation on Seed Saving Tomorrow (Thursday) @ Mann Library

  • From: Jeff Piestrak <jmp36 AT cornell.edu>
  • To: "fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org" <fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Local Fair, Community Conversation on Seed Saving Tomorrow (Thursday) @ Mann Library
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 23:02:37 +0000

Greetings Permaculturists –You’re invited to Cornell’s Mann Library tomorrow (Thursday) for our 4th annual Local Fair from 2 - 5pm. We'll have a variety of growers and vendors offering local products and services from the Finger Lakes region, as well as informative displays on innovative local partnerships supporting healthy vibrant communities. Get more details here: http://localfair.mannlib.cornell.edu, and visit us on Facebook.

We'll also be hosting a community conversation on Seed Saving for Health and Resilience starting at 5:30pm, moderated by our very own local food and ag guru Monika Roth from Cornell Cooperative Extension of Tompkins County. One of the inspirations for this event was this recent NOFA article (pg. B-29) about seed saving in Tompkins County, that showcases some of you. We’ll hear from local experts, then have an open discussion on how we might work together in supporting seed saving on a community or regional scale –I bet some of you might have something to add to that conversation. Snacks and beverages will be provided, including local popcorn. Check here for more details.

Bonus! A wonderful display of grain farming photos taken by my friend Rachel Lodder is currently being hung in the Top Shelf” gallery space. There’s some beautiful imagery, including shots of her partner Thor Oecshner in action farming in Tompkins County.

And of course, all this is free and open to the public. Hope to see some of you there!

Cheers, Jeff

  • Local Fair, Community Conversation on Seed Saving Tomorrow (Thursday) @ Mann Library, Jeff Piestrak, 11/14/2012