fingerlakespermaculture - 9/27: Emerald Ash Borer Confirmed in Tioga County

  • From: Sandra Repp <sjr37 AT cornell.edu>
  • To: SUSTAINABLE_TOMPKINS-L AT list.cornell.edu, tc-HSC-L AT cornell.edu, fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: Monika Roth <mr55 AT cornell.edu>, ska2 AT cornell.edu
  • Subject: 9/27: Emerald Ash Borer Confirmed in Tioga County
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 16:30:42 -0400

The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation announced yesterday that the Emerald Ash Borer has been confirmed in Tioga County.  We've posted their News Release as a pdf on the CCE-Tompkins website, where you also will find photos of the EAB at various stages in its life cycle, information on signs and symptoms of infestation, on firewood quarantine regulations, and useful links to resources such as the NY Invasive Species Clearing House at Cornell University, emeraldashborer.info, and to publications that can help you identify ash trees on your property.  Visit http://ccetompkins.org/eab for more information on these topics.

Sandy Repp
Communications Manager
Cornell Cooperative Extension of Tompkins County
615 Willow Avenue, Ithaca, NY 14850-3555
607-272-2292 ccetompkins.org

Visit CCE-Tompkins on Facebook
Stay in touch with our free monthly e-newsletter

  • 9/27: Emerald Ash Borer Confirmed in Tioga County, Sandra Repp, 09/28/2012